Let's Work Together
We are always looking for the right member to join our team. If you’re looking for an opportunity to expand your capabilities, work as part of a tight-knit, collaborative team, and do interesting, challenging and fulfilling project work, then please submit your resume and cover letter below.
Please be sure to identify and explain how your experience meets the qualifications and tell us a bit about yourself outside of work. Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
All inquiries will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What We Can Offer You
- An alternative to being a small part of a large corporation.
- Challenging and rewarding employment, with excellent growth potential.
- Competitive salary, with overtime and bonus scheme.
- Flexible working arrangements including telecommuting.
- Varied, interesting, engaging work with a high degree of independence and autonomy.
- Mentoring and significant potential for career development.
- Design and manage specialized electrical projects in collaboration with our staff and client requirements while reporting to Evolve’s Principals.
- Establish strong relationships with existing and new clients. Help grow the business.
- Assist and support the rest of the Evolve team on projects as required.
- Assist in the career development of junior staff.
- Maintain a high quality of work, delivered on time, while meeting or exceeding client expectations.
Perform the duties of an Electrical Consulting Engineer and Project Manager in the Victoria and Vancouver Island region, including:
- Master planning and feasibility studies for large institutional and public sector clients.
- Owner technical representation and advisory services.
- Prime consultant services – project management, design coordination, budget control, scheduling, and construction and commissioning administration.
- Design and preparation of tender documentation for electrical, communication, and security systems.
- Business development and client management, including the preparation of proposals.
- Preparation of engineering studies, detailed calculations, tender drawings and specifications, cost estimates.
- Technical leadership and project management of concurrent projects including project scheduling, tender and construction phase administration, and oversight of testing and commissioning.
- Collaboration with colleagues to assist with deadlines and technical challenges.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (Electrical) in the Province of BC.
- 4 years of relevant industry design experience, with project and client management.
- Design skills in electrical power distribution systems (120V – 25kV), interior and exterior lighting, emergency and standby power systems, buildings engineering, lighting systems, communication and security systems.
- Contract administration experience an asset.
- Familiarity with Canadian Electrical Code.
- Experience in ETAP, Lighting Design Software, AutoCAD, and Revit an asset.
- Practical experience such as a technical trades background an asset.
- Self-motivated, organized and accountable.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including strong written and verbal communication ability.
- Strong work ethic, detail and quality oriented.
- Quick-to-learn, coachable, and engaged.
Due to our client base, candidates must be must be able to provide a clear criminal record check.
CAD Tech proficient with AutoCAD and working with a variety of client CAD standards available for contract work.